The tech world is abuzz with anticipation for the upcoming Google Pixel 8, and as rumors continue to swirl, there’s one that might just change the game for Google phone enthusiasts.
- Event Date: Google has announced a launch event scheduled for October 4, 2023. This event is expected to unveil the Google Pixel 8 and its counterpart, the Pixel 8 Pro. There’s also speculation about the introduction of the Pixel Watch 2.
- Price Point: Recent leaks suggest a potential price hike for the Google Pixel 8. The base model might jump from $599 to $699. This increase could be attributed to the base storage possibly starting at 256GB, up from the previous 128GB.
Design & Display
- Official Teasers: Google has released a video teaser showcasing the back designs of both the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro. The phones appear to retain a design similar to their predecessors but with a few tweaks. The Pixel 8 Pro, for instance, might feature a new sensor for measuring temperatures.
- Color Variants: The teaser reveals some of the color options for the new models. The Pixel 8 Pro is showcased in a porcelain white, while the Pixel 8 flaunts a pinkish rose hue. Other rumored colors include haze, jade, licorice, and peony.
- Size & Display: Unofficial renders suggest the Pixel 8 might come with a slightly smaller 6.2-inch display, down from the Pixel 7’s 6.3 inches. The Pixel 8 Pro, on the other hand, is expected to retain its 6.7-inch display.
What’s the Buzz?
The Google Pixel series has always been a favorite among tech enthusiasts for its pure Android experience, impressive camera capabilities, and regular software updates. However, the rumored changes, especially the potential price hike, might be a point of contention for many. If these rumors hold, it could alter one of the most appealing aspects of purchasing a Google phone: its competitive pricing.
- Google Pixel 8 launch event is set for October 4, 2023.
- Potential price increase for the base model of the Pixel 8.
- New design tweaks and color variants have been teased.
- The Pixel 8 might feature a slightly smaller display compared to its predecessor.
In conclusion, while the Google Pixel 8 promises exciting features and upgrades, the rumored price hike might be a deterrent for some potential buyers. As always, it’s essential to wait for official announcements to get the complete picture.