Dating online is definitely fun and a lot more convenient than that of physical dates. But even the most fun-filled experiences comes with its own shares of potential dangers. Hence, it is often advised to be tactful and careful while dating online. Here, we share some of the important tips to keep you safe and make your 100% free online dating site experience, an experience to cherish without any hassles and worries.
1. First and foremost, the most important thing to keep in mind is to use trustworthy and highly preferred dating sites like Tinder and Hinge rather than some shady ones. These reputed sites keep the private information of its users protected.
2. It’s always better to be cybersecurity rather than being cyber-savvy. Potential dates tend to search thoroughly about you on the internet. It is always advisable to set your security settings at maximum on all of the social media accounts and also limit the information posted by you on any other virtual platforms.
3. Never give out your surname, address, any financial information or any other personal information in any circumstances. NEVER is the way to go!
4. Protecting your identity and anonymity is a must. It is best to use only the first name without revealing any personal information during initial conversations. Also, it is better to use cell number rather than work or home phone number as cell numbers can be changed easily in worst-case scenarios.
5. Meet at a busy public place for the initial meetings and let someone back home or any of the friends know about the place and time of your date.
6. It is advisable to keep your initial meeting short. If you really like your date and genuinely seem interested in them, ask politely to meet them in future.
7. Do not let your date pick you up or drop you back home on the first date. In fact, it is a good idea to have a friend drop you off and later pick you up or simply use public transportation.
8. Take time to know someone online and wait at least for a week before meeting face- to- face. And, also before the meeting, move your conversation from chats to over the phone to familiarise yourself. Never ever be in a hurry and beware of hurried actions.
9. Video chatting is another great idea to get a glimpse of the date before meeting them as this reduces the risk of being cat-fished claiming not to be them on the first date.
10. Staying sober is a good idea to stay safe not only for women but also for men, as your date may not have the best intentions and might exploit your vulnerability.
11. If things go horribly wrong, one should be prepared for it. And carrying a can of pepper spray will definitely help.
I hope these tips help you make the most out of your date without any worries. Keep dating but stay safe!