Home World EU Seek To Isolate Russia, Israel, Europe And Strengthen Their Energy Partnership

EU Seek To Isolate Russia, Israel, Europe And Strengthen Their Energy Partnership


On Tuesday, the European Union praised its connection with Israel as a critical contributor to its effort to become energy independent of Russia.

During a visit to Israel, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen claimed Russia’s war in Ukraine had increased the worldwide threat to national sovereignty, democratic ideals, and climate change.

Gazprom, Russia’s Gas Company, Cuts Gas To Germany And Denmark Due To The Ruble War

“We all have a stake in a war against democracy,” she declared from Ben-Gurion University.

The Kremlin has blackmailed us by exploiting our reliance on Russian fossil fuels. And since the start of the war, Russia has cut off gas supplies to Poland, Bulgaria, Finland, and other countries.


The EU declared earlier this month that it would ban 90% of Russia’s oil shipments by the end of the year, with the remaining 10% to be addressed as soon as possible – a pledge that has many wondering where Europe’s energy supply will come from in the meanwhile.

“The Kremlin’s actions have only increased our resolve to wean ourselves from Russian fossil fuels,” said von der Leyen. “Right now, we’re looking for methods to expand our energy cooperation with Israel.”

As reported by Foxbusiness, The EU and Israel are working together to build the world’s most prolonged and profound underwater power line, which will connect Israel’s electricity grid to those of Cyprus and Greece.

By depending on natural gas and renewable energy resources, the EuroAsia Interconnector, which began in 2010 and is anticipated to be finished by 2025, will use more “efficient ways” in power generation.

“Electrification from renewable energies will be the norm over time,” she said. “That is where the money should be put. You have enough natural resources to generate renewable energy.”

A second Israel-EU proposal, the EastMed Pipeline, will transport gas and clean hydrogen over the eastern Mediterranean and is anticipated to be finished as early as 2025.

“This is an investment in the energy security of Europe and Israel,” von der Leyen added. “This infrastructure will also help us decarbonize our energy mix,” says the author.

Previous articleWho Is Michael Saylor? Meet The Man Who Losts $1 Billion Investment In Bitcoin
Next articleZendaya Expecting A Child With Tom Holland Is Trending On Twitter
William is an avid book reader who also happens to be a writer. He writes about technologies and health to help businesses develop a better understanding of the new culture of remote working.